Originally Posted by 1minute
Mostly for trout and steelhead here. Trout can be finicky. I favor the steelhead flies as one is not trying to match a hatch. Seems they rise to flies as an instinctive reaction, spirit of the chase, or perhaps anger due to invasion of space. It's just fun to sit down with materials and think "this might look nice." They all seem to work just fine, and each is retired when a fish is beached.

Steelhead boxes.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Retired flies from last trip:

Spawning Brookie will eat anything that moves.

Been using the old Thompson A's for decades. Purchased a Nor Vise a couple months back. Maybe I need more time, but to date, am not overly impressed. Seems like I need two hands to get things tightly wound down.

I grew up before bobbins were coming into vogue and they first started making fancy vises... My father forced me to learn to tie in hand, no vise, and I really appreciate the fact he saw the advantage. Switching to the Nor-Vise was neither easy nor automatic, but I am very glad I got past the learning curve quickly and easily.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.