Thanks for the comments, but my efforts are solely functional at best. The true artists are those capable of the classic Atlantic Salmon patterns. A major issue with those, however, is securing materials, as it's damned near impossible to import the exotics from mostly India and Africa. One needs to luck into a well heeled estate that dates back to the 1930's or 40's and hope the moths haven't gained entry.

There's something like 24 or 5 different materials comprising a Jock Scott. Those capable of generating such might get 2 or $300+ each, it would arrive in a shadow box, and I sure as Hell would not toss one in the water.
[Linked Image from d247nfungkrxrr.cloudfront.net]

Sitka: Your comments remind me of an aged gentleman I encountered a few times on Oregon's Metolius. Probably 90+ yrs. Seems he made a 3-hour run from Portland and arrived minus his fly boxes. He wandered up and down the banks for a couple hours finding some decaying flies and hooks in bank side branches, took some thread from his tattered clothing, and raided a few abandoned bird nests for bits of fur and feathers. Said he spent half his weekend fabricating three or four no name flies cementing them with melted pine pitch, and though he only caught a few fish, it was his most enjoyable trip ever.

Necessity can be a mother.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 06/14/21.

1Minute