Just passing this along. Its an advertisement from Larry King's (deceased) operation promoting Prostagenix and purports to summarize some research on the health effects of milk:

If you want to stop receiving our emails: Manage Subscriptions

I know many of you like milk. I drank milk for years. I loved it It was tough to beat a nice cold glass of milk with some cookies or Ritz crackers or brownies. I thought it was good for me and that is was a smart idea to drink milk.

Well I am going to share with you one on my pals - a Yale Medical School doctor - sent me straight on milk and dairy a few years ago. You won't believe the studies and evidence showing how bad milk is for you.

Milk and dairy products are the number one allergenic food in the world. All adults of all races are allergic to milk and dairy because of the LACTOSE (milk sugar) and casein content. All adults are allergic to dairy foods.

Children lose the ability to produce the enzyme lactase at about the age of three years old. Only humans drink milk after weaning. No animal drinks milk after weaning. We use cow milk as a staple, which is meant for calves and not people. African American’s, Amerindians, and Asians have the worst problems with dairy foods.

Lactose does not just pass harmlessly through the body undigested, but causes a lot of problems - including CANCER. That's right; people who eat dairy products get more cancer of most kinds, especially prostate and breast cancer. They also get more heart disease, diabetes, and other conditions. People who eat dairy products don't live as long, and have far less quality of life due to more disease. Drinking milk shortens your very life due to all-cause mortality!

This was proven at the University of Manchester (Journal of Cardiology 1991). Here the people in 21 difference countries were compared as to how much milk and dairy foods they ate. The Japanese (who eat almost no dairy) had one ninth the CHD mortality of the Finns (who eat dairy as a staple). Dairy intake was directly and clearly related to heart and artery disease and mortality.

The same was true regarding blood pressure. The more dairy you eat the sicker you get, and the sooner you die! Hypertension is the most common medical condition in the entire world. At Zaragoza Medical School (Journal of Nutrition 2002) people were given soy milk or dairy milk in a classic double blind study. The ones on soy milk lowered their pressures by an amazing 18.4 mm systolic, and 15.9 mm diastolic.

This was done in only 90 days, with no other change in diet or lifestyle. The strongest prescription blood pressure drugs cannot begin to do this. In the journal Circulation (1993) men from four different countries were studied. The more milk they drank, the more CHD they suffered from. In fact, the heavy milk drinkers (e.g. Scandanavians) had a full TEN TIMES more CHD than men who drank no milk at all.

A study was done for 11 years running of over 20,000 doctors. This was appropriately called the Physician's Health Study (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, v 74). The authors concluded, "These results support the hypothesis that dairy products... are associated with a greater risk of prostate cancer." This applies equally to breast cancer, as prostate and breast cancer are almost the exact same diseases, with the same causes, and the same natural cures basically. The more dairy foods the men ate, the more prostate cancer they got.

Norwegians suck down endless milk and dairy products. In the British Medical Journal (1990) researchers studied 1,422 people in Norway for almost 12 years. They found the more milk they drank the more lymphatic cancer they got. Now how much proof do you need that milk and dairy foods kill? We can go on forever with studies like this.

A great cancer study was done for 15 countries and published in The Lancet (1976). The good doctors found the more milk and dairy people ate, the more lymphoma they got. This study was based on 15 different countries. The New Zealanders ate the most dairy, and got the most lymphoma.

The Japanese the least dairy, and were almost free of this cancer. How about ovarian cancer? In the American Journal of Epidemiology (1989), the more milk women drank the more ovarian cancer they got. This was also proved at the Roswell Park Memorial Institute in Buffalo, NY, and many other clinics. Dr. Neal Barnard published a study in Medical Hypothesis (1997) "Dairy Products and Breast Cancer" with 131 citations. His study proved dairy promotes breast cancer. Add uterine, cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer to that list. The same is true of lung cancer, liver cancer, and other cancers. In the journal Cancer (1989) men who drank the most milk got the most prostate cancer. Drinking milk equals getting prostate cancer. This is the leading cancer in American men bar none.

One in three American children will develop diabetes, and dairy products are one of the main causes. In the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (1990) Canadian doctors found, "a significant positive correlation between consumption of milk protein and incidence of insulin dependent diabetes mellitus in various countries." Another study in Norway published in Diabetes Research (1988) found that children who drank cow milk had far more diabetes. In the New England Journal of Medicine (1992) Finns were shown to have one of the highest consumption of dairy products along with the higgest rates of diabetes.

Just give up all dairy products today. It’s easy! The major chain groceries now carry a variety of non-dairy milks including soy, rice, almond, flax, and oat milks. Keep trying these until you find one you like best. Soon you will prefer non-dairy milk very much, and will actually find cow milk somewhat distasteful.

Use this for cooking, on cold cereal, and the usual ways you use dairy milk. There are a variety of soy and other cheeses that really melt and taste good in at least eight different flavors such as American, Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Feta, etc. You can also find soy sour cream, cream cheese, and other such substitutes. Even soy whipped cream and coffee creamer! Soy yogurt and ice cream are full of sugar, and can only be used as occasional treats. (Unsweetened soy yogurt is so sour it can only be used in cooking, or with preserves added.)

The American Dairy Association is one of the most powerful lobbies of all. We are constantly bombarded with propaganda about how "healty" dairy products are. "Got milk?" Now most women in America feed their babies cow milk, instead of their own mothers milk!!!

Did you know that doing this makes babies stupid? In the famous journal The Lancet (1992) babies reared on mothers milk had a full 10 point higher IQ. These children were studied for ten years. The journal Pediatrics (1983)stated dairy milk should never be given to infants due to the proven harmful effects.

Other published international studies show repeatedly that intake of milk and dairy products leads to higher rates of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and early mortality. The more dairy foods you eat the sooner you’ll die.

Take dairy completely out of your life. Humans and animals were never meant to eat milk or milk products after weaning. Dairy is the worst allergenic food on earth. Google "dangers of milk" to find good websites documenting all this. One of the best is www.notmilk.com. You can read Dr. Kradjian's classic The Milk Letter on that website. This is a must read! This is a long article with a lot of citations on purpose. Milk is poison, and science proves it.

I hope you found this as helpful as I did.

For your health,

Larry King

P.S. If you were surprised by this information on milk - reply to my email and let me know. As I mentioned, I was stunned when I discovered the real truth about milk, and I'm curious if you already knew milk was bad for you, or if this was new to you. Let me know. Thanks

Unsubscribe in 1-Click

1171 S Robertson Blvd #525, Los Angeles, CA 90035 USA

Tarquin