I realize that gold historically doesn't appreciate like some investments I'm just purchasing more as a store of value and as insurance. I'm heavy in cash right now and light in the stock market. I have quite a bit of silver but it gets hard to store and hard to transport.

I've got a local dealer selling me gold eagles, buffaloes, philharmonics, krugerrands, and maples for 6.5% over stock as they come in locally. That's not too bad of Premium right now so I'm adding a bit. Much of what i have I bought back when gold was $1200. I picked up several 1/10th ounce gold eagles today for much less than they are online.

I'm going to shoot for 15% of my assets in gold and silver. I was holding at 10%. I'm mostly debt free, house is paid off, student loans paid off, cars are paid off, we just owe a bit on a rental house we own. I have tge cash to pay the rental off but the mortgage is only 2.6% so I'm keeping the cash as dry powder in case a good investment comes along.

I dabbled in individual stocks a bit last year and made some good money but was too obsessed with watching the market. Before that I'd always just bought mutual funds and held them long term. I like the idea of dividend producing stocks and wish I would have bought more to hold last year but I was expecting a w bottom and so far it's just been a V.

Bb