Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jwp475

No tactical experience from your explanation

He trained with the Sheriff's Department when he was a volunteer deputy.

Oh well... a volunteer deputy, that changes everything.
He was badged, armed, uniformed, and responded to calls along with regular deputies.

PS Volunteer deputy was the standard sort of deputy sheriff or deputy marshal for a very long time in this nation's history.

once upon a time i was a fully certified reserve deputy, did the same thing someone working full time did.
i don't think it's bragging a few of us reserves could consistly outshoot full time deputies that cleaned their handguns once a year.
And i have seen a number of qual. shoots for full time guys and had to try hard to keep from snickering.

Since this came back up... Many reserve officers are only utilized for manpower for special duties that would otherwise tie up department personnel. Assignments like the county fair or a parade, circus and whatever where they mostly are parking cars, blocking traffic, patrolling parking areas at night, ect. Some departments do use reserves to fill in blanks in the schedule along with the full time staff. I have no idea the utubers level of training and experience.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.