Originally Posted by las
Shelves at SW Soldotna are starting to fill up, a bit - same old crap. .17, 300RUM, 30/375, .416, etc. - You know - the stuff no one buys.

Didn't see any handgun ammo at all- maybe behind the counter?

This what I don't understand. I go to town once a year (late October) for supplies, rarely ever have time to visit one firearms store, and then the need must be urgent. So I really don't have a clear idea of what is happening in the ammo availabity area.

Yet........I keep reading it is somewhat restricted availabity.......clear up to, "Simply none available", or limited to one box.

And people are aware that we have ammo, which we sell to the retailers (but must be in "UNOPENED" cases. And people still only buy one box of ammo at the retail store, even if the quantity is "Not" restricted, they still only one or maybe two boxes.

What the "Hell" is peoples plan for two or three years in the future, given inflation of labor and raw material components. Where we estimate price increase of 24% to 31% assuming no serious supply chain disruption. Let's face the truth.......the manufacturers and retailers now know that ammo "was" grossly underpriced, and the public will pay much more.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).