Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 22250rem
The old Hornady 129 gr. S.P. Interlock, ( #2620) has been my favorite bullet for years in one of those Mod. 96 Swedes that Kimber sporterized in the mid 1990's. I'm glad I stocked up on them years ago because since the dawn of the Creedmore era they have become hard to find and today are probably unobtanium. IMR-4831 is my fave with that bullet but anything around that burn rate works good, ( H4831, RL-19). Got about 400 of those bullets but if I ever run out and can't get more there's several 140 gr. options that the rifle also likes very much.

I've been thinking about buying one of those Kimbers. Found one in new condition. Nickel plated to look like stainless. Bore looks new. I'm thinking it would shoot just like my m96 with the same loads. What has been your experience with your Kimber?

..........Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been busy enjoying my active retirement. Got my Mod. 96 Kimber sporter in 1995 and it's a hoot. I've had two nice unaltered Swedish Mausers and they all shoot great. Best thing I ever did for the Kimber was ditch the injection molded Ram Line stock and put it in a Bell & Carlson with the aluminum bedding block after the recoil lug area cracked on the Ram Line. Had a Timney trigger on it but switched to a Dayton - Traister trigger for the B & C stock because the Timney would have required removing a lot of aluminum from that bedding block which I didn't want to do. I know they had plated ones but I've never seen one in person. Did you ever get that one? With a nice bore I'd bet it shoots great ( as long as it's bedded nicely). I have a pic here on the computer of a 1995 Kimber ad in Shotgun News showing one of the plated ones. They called it satin nickel plating. If I were more tech savvy I'd post it here but this site is too difficult for dinosaurs like me.