Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Quincy.

The $1300 model at northern tool gets great reviews.

80 gal.

Made in USA.

For that price, it's a Q54 (60gallon) There's no other to consider in that price range. 50,000 hour pump life. Hard to find info, but, most sub-$2000 piston units have like, seriously, 3000-5000-10000 (at most) hour rated pumps. They're all cast in China. Some are then machined domestically, such is the Q54. Most have all China parts, valves, switches, motor, belts etc... There's lower RPM 5HPs, but they're not built like the Q54. Don't be fooled by big MADE IN USA stickers on air compressors. It is only referring to the single part the sticker is on, maybe the tank, or the frame between the tank and pump... My Q54 came with a Baldor motor. Got mine through Lowes about $1100. Cheap CH, IR, Dewalt, EMAX, PUMA, they are all fuucking short-term junk, that could work out just fine, or not, and may, or not, have parts available. LOL.. I'm tight and hundreds of hours of research led me to the Q54, just enough to do what I need and just enough pride of ownership....

Other good stuff, commercial grade is $2500 to way up there.....

But, if you can, a Saylor Beall VT-735-80 would be sweet. Literally cast, and machined in the USA. The best basic 5HP there is. Yours under $3000. Then you can go pressure lubed, etc etc etc...

You are right.

60 gal. Qt-54.

But price is now $1450.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz