Originally Posted by extremesolo
Great writeup and very nice pictures. I live, and have grown up, about 5 miles from there. No doubt you were fishing over extremely educated trout. The section of the Yellow Breeches you were fishing below Allenberry is in the "catch and release" section and it gets fished hard. That section is stocked a few times each year by the fish commission. I do not think the yellow breeches anglers club stocks that section but i could be wrong about that. There are definitely sections of that creek that hold some good wild brown trout populations. The Big Spring and Letort are definitely not what they once were and can be tough fishing.

Yep, that's what my (please forgive me) snide remark about the peanut (planter) trout was referring to - it's an obvious stocker. The rainbow in the net is nicely colored, likely a holdover or naturally reproducing?

That Big Spring section pictured looks like it could be English chalk stream. Really beautiful. Makes me realize that I need to experience more than CA tailwater or "thin blue line" plunge/pool fishing.