I posted this in long range shooting but thinks maybe should have been posted here. This is not for everyone but for those of you who hunt the way i do, you will understand. Long range coyotes in open grassy hills. Cant go prone as to much grass, hard to get real steady for those 500-600 yard shots on coyotes that hang up. So, use a RRS tripod and then built a single leg monopod for the rear. Only weighs a few ounces and is out of the way when carrying to stands. I really don't have to carry it far as use an electric buggy to cover most of the distance and then just go the last hundred yards or so on foot. Also, when i do hunt cover and don't think i will need it very easy to detach and put in my pack. Just clip in on if i feel it might be needed. The biggest challenge is to modify your stock to get a picatinny rail solidly attached. I have tested a lot of stuff and i will tell you this is solid. Love the RRS tripod but getting the rear of the rifle to contact the ground directly really keeps it steady.

Attached Images
IMG_0387 (350x263).jpg (15.83 KB, 531 downloads)
IMG_0388 (350x263).jpg (16.02 KB, 529 downloads)
IMG_0390 (350x263).jpg (13.52 KB, 525 downloads)
IMG_0391 (350x263).jpg (16.8 KB, 522 downloads)