Originally Posted by TWR
Outside the box? That’s kinda been the trend for the past few years, shooting instead of calling.

It always gets me when folks say they are educated. I’ll admit, there are lots of coyotes that have heard the call before and seem to hang up. But you can’t be a one hit wonder and play the same sounds everyone else is from the same spots, doing the same thing. I guarantee you if you play the stand right, they will come in.

But as for shooting them long range, I bet most of the ones that are shot at over 400 yards are missed. If you’re gonna try it, buy some steel and practice, practice, practice.

I shoot steel for fun and find shots out to 500 yards easy, even 1000 is not bad once you figure out the wind but I get more out of watching a coyote running straight to me than one running away.

Outside of the box with his rifle rest. I have seen some similar that work in taller grass as well. All the OP did was share something that was working for him, only to have Erich poo poo the fact that he could shoot a long range coyote with it. It just another good tool in the tool box to be able to kill that 500 yd coyote that won't come in. I like em at 50 yds too, but am also confident in killing them at distance when they won't.