Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
in this case, the fired case ejected. The case was not split. I talked to Glock USA tech rep on the phone. He said it sounds like the broken spring caused the issue. I am going to replace the guide rod/spring. Is there a better aftermarket brand to get, or is the OEM piece adequate
This particular pistol was made in 1996. My brother in law carried it as an active duty Federal officer in his last posting. Part of his job was as a firearms instructor. I talked to the BIL today, and he says that pistol probably had over 5000 rounds through it. He subsequently gave it to my Son.
Sam - just me, but I would get it fixed and then trade that item for something (read: anything) else..

Way too many stories of Glocks blowin' up... I've owned/shot a ton of various handguns over my years, but I would never touch one of those.. Just me, I'm sure... YMMV.

It's never been an issue with 9mm Glocks.

No worries, I read Winchester released M1152 for sale to the public. whistle I am going to miss saying your 9x19 fmj ammo is weak like your vodka. smirk
Good topic. My Glock is over 25 years old and plastic does not age well. I hope Walther makes PDP SC soon so I can buy one.