Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Bet them fuggers taste the same whether shot with a shotgun or rifle!!

Unless you bite down on a piece of fAiry dust sized shot.

My late Uncle Doyle Whisenant of Rosedale Mississippi killed a lot of turkeys with handguns with iron sights...his favorite gun was a first year production flat top Ruger .44 mag. converted to .22 Hornet...told me he had the barrel and cylinder made by a Texas gunsmith in 1959 for $35. The job looked factory to me I suspect the gunsmith bought another .44 cylinder and barrel then sleeved them to .22 Hornet.
He also killed turkeys with a S&W 6" 48 and also with a S&W 6" .22 jet. I never saw him shoot a handgun but one of his hunting companions told me he could shoot quail on the rise with his .22 Woodsman. I have a black and white picture of a turkey he killed with a Marlin lever action with what appears to be a Weaver 6x scope on top on the back of the picture it says .219 Zipper at one time it was a factory Marlin. He wasn't into hand loading and told me he sold the Zipper and the Jet because he couldn't find ammo for them.

Turkey hunting is more about how you do it than what you do it with.....

The guy killing a turkey walking around the woods with a just a bow is not the same as a bOzo sitting in a blind with a bow and a decOy spread.

If you can't see that then you been brain washed by the NWTF and the Industrialized turkey industry.

With turkey populations waning in a lot of states we need to address the use of game cameras/bait/feeders and equipment such as decoys and blinds rather than guns and limits.

It might help if more people would pattern their guns and learn what the limits of the gun and load are too, but that’s hard to legislate. The pattern board tells all, including maybe that Old Betsy doesn’t quite shoot where she looks. A lot of “misses” probably aren’t really. That’s another point for the use of rifles.

What fresh Hell is this?