Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by TheKid
I like rifle hunting them. Sadly due to low numbers we lost our rifle season this year, I bet we never get it back even if they rebound.

I always tried to head shoot them and in that case even 22 LR works fine in an accurate rifle. My best trick was when I Indianed up on a big gobbler and shot him in the neck with my S&W 32 Mag, fun hunt that took me years to pull off. I had planned on someday building a Martini in 32 Mag with a peep for the ultimate turkey rifle but I probably won’t now since we have few turkeys and no rifle season. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good shooting Kid! And nice S&W Model 16 in 32 Mag.
Those bring big money nowadays from S&W collectors.
I’ve killed quit a few with a handgun and several with a Rifle.
Never like hunting them with shotguns, like most do during Spring Season. Here in TX, you can shoot them with anything.
I don’t shoot them anymore, unless a friend asks for one to deep fry Cajun Style, as I don’t like to eat them anymore.
They eat a lot of grasshoppers here, and taste nasty, IMO.
The only turkey I eat anymore, are the Butterball store bought ones at Thanksgiving. Or Swanson Hungry Man TV Dinners. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~