Dwayne, Through an endless and shameless round of arse kissing, I was allowed to fondle the collection, and shoot a few, bespoke guns of a multi millionaire Yank, who would not get caught dead with anything but English guns. By happenstance, I was in size and limb length a near clone of this fellow, what an eye opener that was...guns that actually fit are difficult to miss with, given a few basic rules of marksmanship. Actions, weights, mean little with the simplest test the curator taught me.... pre select a target downrange..mount the gun in the most rapid and natural manner.... with the eyes closed...open your eyes, and with a properly fitting gun, the sights will be nearly aligned. It's a lost and arcane art, fitting a gun. There are two generic storebought rifles that do fit me well, the older 99 Savage with a 14 inch pull (Iron sights of course) and the horrible old Remington Model 30 Express (lots of stock drop by today's standards) and a long 14 inch pull, low mounted scope. Strange choices by the standards of today's fashion. I have built a lot of surplus Mauser sporters over the years, and just don't have the talent to whittle out a stock that fits.
Sincere hopes your people get a handle on those fires, that mess in Lytton was tragic.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.