Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I'm going with stock fit !

The human body is adjustable. Probably more important for a shotgun or a jump-shoot rifle.

Price and accuracy for me. I don't have any beauty queens (well, two of them were, once!) , but they shoot- and were relatively inexpensive. I just wanna kill and eat things.

Giterdone!

This makes sense. I think it's fair to say that most off the rack rifles need to be tweaked in order to work their best. For the majority of rifle buyers, I wonder how many get rejected because of fit versus the sticker price? Put another way, is fit so important that price is secondary? ex. I wanted to build a 6x45, so this 223 Axis morphed into what you see.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

When I check out rifles these days, most are polymer stocked and made for the company mannequin "Mr. Average". I almost always end up modifying or replacing the stock to get what I want. I rarely care who made it because it isn't going to be the maker's rifle by the time I'm done.

Consider the "Savage Axis" above. It started as an Axis, but it now has a new barrel, trigger, bolt handle and stock. The only thing that's Savage about this rifle is the receiver. I chose this because of the low price. I knew that most of it was being removed. So, is it a Savage, or a Frankenrifle? I call it a Frankenrifle. smile

Mr. Mannequin

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]