Cell phones are now just another unfortunate fact of life. Very useful, to be sure, but totally overused by everybody.
I’m part of one of the last generations who grew up without them, so I’m nearly incompetent at the finer points of operation. There are quite a few days I don’t use it at all. I’ve got fat freakin fingers, so I seldom text except for important things, groceries and things like that.
I could give it up without too much more than an inconvenience.
It kills me to see people, especially families, sitting at a table and staring at a device in their palm, ignoring the very people they’re with at the time. And it really annoys me seeing kids tweens and younger doing the same. They should be learning to interact and communicate with each other socially.
I still think there’s probably a special place in hell for the people who have forced these things on us.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden