Originally Posted by deflave

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I attended the funeral of a friend and workmate yesterday in Lake Charles, La that died from the covid. 59 years old. A lean and very active guy.

But he was a heavy smoker that gave it up less than a year ago.

A good Man gone.

It’s hell to die from a hoax, some would say.

Why'd he quit smoking a year ago? I have COPD and almost died from pneumonia in 2014, ain't none of us making it out of here alive.

Whoa now.

Don't bring reality into a COVID conversation. You'll be deemed a non-conformist.

And don't you dare make mention of how the areas with the heavier vaccination rates are experiencing much less hospitalization & death due to covid. Don't mention that this has went from a primary concern for those with underlying conditions and generally elderly to primary a heath threat to those who chose to be unvaccinated old and even more and more so younger.

Then if you bring up the lack if citation in the article I am guessing that would not go over well either.

So I am not likely to be very popular for saying that I did choose to be vaccinated, less so for my own personal concern, my primary concern is that I'd prefer not to be the one to pass on the virus to another who does have the underlying conditions. I also feel that the more of us who become immune from vaccination or even from acquiring the China virus the closer we are to getting the virus under control. With the exception that those who continue to acquire the virus are participating in further mutations. With every mutation the chance of the virus becoming more deadly goes up.

If you chose not to be vaccinated that is your choice & for the most part I can respect your choice to avoid personally being vaccinated.

On the other hand if you did choose to be vaccinated Id be lying if I were to suggest that deep down inside I did not appreciate your participation in the immunization effort.

Wish you all well what ever choice you may or may have made on the subject of Covid 19 vaccination.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19