Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The government of Afghanistan is a puppet government, a puppet of America, invented by the Americans. In this sense it is very similar to the South Vietnamese government in 1973.
Pull out the American troops and you will quickly see who has the will to fight. The fake South Vietnam government lasted about 2 years before it collapsed, and I was surprised it lasted that long. All those M16s, all those Hueys we gave them. But we couldn't give them a will to fight.

I bet the Afghan government collapses a lot quicker than South Vietnam did.

And, what did we learn from the Vietnam debacle? Evidently we learned nothing. President George the Stupid is going to go in there and turn them in to a Western style democracy. Bush probably figured most of the folks would convert to Christianity, and today we would have thousands of Afghani Boy Scouts attending meetings at the First Baptist Church of Kabul. President George the Stupid, what a fool.

I like your take on this, true. The only thing I might add, the Ivy League produces the State Dept drones with a little cookie cutter, hundreds at a time, they set US foreign policy, advising dolts like George the Stupid.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.