Been a while for me. We had a two chair barber shop here in the little town we live for ages but it closed a couple of years back and for lease now. It still has all the old original fixtures that date back to at least to the '40s if not earlier.

I used to get my hair cut there regularly back when the old former barber / owner ran it. He kept an old upright piano on the back wall where he'd play and sing with a local quartet after hours and when business was slow. He ran the barber shop by himself for no telling how long. He used to go to shut-ins homes, nursing homes, hospitals and occasionally funeral homes to give hair cuts and often as not for free. After he retired another barber bought it and it never was quite the same.

The new barber was okay but not too good at cutting hair. Every time I went regardless how I said I wanted my hair cut I wound up with a hair cut that looked just exactly like how his hair was cut. He retired a few years ago with health issues and leased the shop to another fairly young barber. He didn't last long at all. He'd just up and close the shop and leave when ever he felt like it. It was closed about as much as it was open. Never did get a haircut from him. Wife's been cutting my hair mostly since the original old barber left.