Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Yea,,,,,, been there and done that, you gotta get in the River, No 2-ways about it, I used my Argo on Shackle-Tracks from Adair, they swim better than the rubber-tracks, and better traction as well, I also ran into a couple of guys from Fairbanks riding ROKON's, they did alright, as you can swim with a Rokon in the deeper sections, and I've also seen some High-lifted Rigs on Tractor-tires as well,,, going right down the middle of the River,,,, and also,,,,,, you don't want to Park your Rig at Mentasta Lake either, and if you gotta ask why,,,,,, you better just Quit Now, while your ahead..... cool Lj

Thanks for the detailed intel. I kinda figured I wouldn't be leaving my F250/trailer at Mentasta Lake. Lol I have some acquaintances in Chistochina and I'd likely have them help me w/parking. However, I'm kind of second guessing this trail. shocked Heading up that way (Gakona/Chisto) to chat with some friends/etc...about the logistics of this trip/trail and whether I can even do it (and if so, maybe NOT with the Ranger/Sportsman).

Also thinking that Ironbender may be right and I should rally a sno-go in the winter instead.