I appreciate all the inputs. Money isn't a problem. Availability is. Being in Canada and with COVID ongoing, there is a supply problem. We all know about the problems with getting stuff from manufacturers. I owned a 6 inch barreled 686 for about 8 or 10 years, but I got rid of it because it was awkward. I tried a couple of grips, but it was actually the barrel. It felt like I was holding a toilet plunger.

I liked the Model 64 and used one for several years. It had a 4 inch barrel, which handled and holstered nice. I still have the leather holster for it. Canada has a 4.2 inch minimum barrel length for civilian use, so that would be the smallest. It should fit in my old holster.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I see that there are several Model 66s available here. They would fill the bill for size and heft and are a K frame. I am familiar with S&W having been an armourer.

I was curious about the latest CA revolvers. The one thing about the Internets is you have to be very careful which information you accept. Case in point is with Charter Arms.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]