Got me greedy hoarding hands on about 240 Nosler Partition 225 grain .358 bullets. Campfires "Dinny" loaned me his Corbin cannelure tool for putting a crimping groove on the bullets after I flatten the noses on my Ken Onion Work Shop knife sharpener sanding belts. I am using a set of calipers and 220 grain Speer flat point as a control bullet. I should end up with about a 210-215 grain Partition. This will give the little .356 Win. case a leg up over many other bullets offered for the .356 case. At least in my mind and considering the size of Alaska's moose and bears.

Powder will be either WW 748 or Ramshot X-Terminator, depends on what the gun likes. I'm thinking 2,400 fps mv is doable, but can live with any thing over 2,300 fps mv. Can't think of any thing in Alaska that combo won't put down handily if I do my part.

During moose season the rifle will wear a Leupold 1.5-5x20 with the German #4 reticle in Talley QD rings, other then that the XS receiver sight will be used, but sorely tempted to put a fixed rear sight in the barrel dove tail. I just see better with a scope, especially in low light when moose are out and about.

The horrible side mounted receiver safety will be addressed. Got a brass saddle ring and will drill a hole in the stem on the left side and put the ring through it so the safety won't engage Cutting the head off of a .356 Win. case to plug the hole on the right side of the receiver and should add a touch of bling to an already good looking rifle..