Been working on cleaning up the place I got in Kansas. Got approval from the county to put a gate in over an easement they had on the place. It dead ended on my land and they were good enough to admit they would never use it and let me gate it off. Neighbor is handy with a welder and welded these up out of drill casing. Each of the 4 posts has right at 400 pounds of sacrete around them and are a minimum 48" deep.

We'll let those dry for two weeks then I'll get my son to help me hang the gates on there. Need to prime them and paint them first. It'll be nice to get those up. We were working and had the good fortune to get interrupted about 3 times by neighbors on all sides coming by to shoot the bull and get acquainted. Really fine folks in Kansas.

Next up is hanging tree stands and doing some fun stuff. Then we'll be back clearing cedars, yuccas and doing a burn. Planning on 8-15 acres being planted in alfalfa next fall and have a lot of clean up work and prep work to do. Have to get a soil test done too and that is probably next trip out there.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by 30338; 07/18/21.