I've got both types, SS wet tumblers and dry media type.

The wet tumblers clean much better. I have a Thumler Model B and a Rebel 17, both essentially the same design, the Rebel is more robust. Dawn, Lemi-shine, hot water and two hours tumbling time and the brass is very, very clean, including primer pockets. Takes about 4 hours in my dry media tumblers but you will not clean the inside or primer pockets.

Cleanliness has never really contributed other than my personal satisfaction, you really don't have to clean primer pockets or cases to like new. I like them clean, though. You'll have to decide if you care to go through the motions of brass/ss pin separation and drying, I don't care for the work but do like the results of this style of cleaning, so....... Just a Hunter has a very good suggestion for this task.

Both of my dry media tumblers are Thumlers, too, a model 10 and a Model 18. I now use them as a finish polish after loading several hundred 5.56 or .30-06 for the Garand to remove lube, about 25-30 minutes a batch. But, they will serve quite well as your primary tumbling system. The 18 is bigger than the 10, but both are very well built and long lasting. The 10 would be big enough if you load fifty to a hundred cases at a time

So, I'll say either method is sufficient, it'll boil down to personal preference.