Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like Canada and Canadians.

I guess I will have to get along without them.

With one exception, I’ve knly met a friendly, helpful, canooks. Just like some places in ‘merica, it’s the damn politicians that cause the problems

ironbender;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you folks up in the north country aren't quite as dry as we are down here and that you and your fine family are well.

I am glad to read that most of the Canucks you ran across treated you well, though I must confess I've run into enough sub par performers that my ratio is not as good as yours regarding acceptable behavior vs. culls.

To no one in particular as well, I'd opine that while it absolutely is your choice to not visit north of the medicine line, the people you might believe you are punishing by not spending tourist dollars here will not in any way connected to those who have been dispensing royal decrees as to who can come in and what the acceptable medical treatment and costume might be.

As a warning to my friends south of the medicine line, much of this can be traced to the fact that we have at minimum 4 major political parties to spread out the votes. So for instance now in the west, there's less than a handful of Prince Sparkle Pony's party elected west of Winnipeg and his total votes were less than the Conservative party, yet the way votes are tallied it put Soy Sock into a position to form a minority government.

From all indications, the west hurt their considerably large feelers by doing that and Mr. Dressup has been doing everything possible to break our resource based economy out here ever since.

One might opine that you'd actually be helping the Pouting Prince by not coming up into western Canada, but that might be reading things into the discussion which aren't there.

I've said this before, but to repeat myself yet again, tourism was worth $8.3 Billion CDN to BC in 2018 and in my part of BC it's been nothing less than a bloodbath for anyone in the tourist or service industry.

Please understand this isn't a plea to get stuck and come on up, it's only one Canuck attempting to explain that the situation is neither simple or within our - western Canada's - ability to rectify. Oh we're campaigning already for the next election and trying our best, but Captain Rainbow is at the helm of this particular decision making ship.

Thanks for reading, all the best to you all and to my friends in the dry western states, good luck to you all with this hellish year of wildfires.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/21/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"