Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Originally Posted by ringworm
Just looked at the specs....ain't that a 260?

Exactly.

And the 6.5x55 is a bit more than that.

And the 6.5-06 a bit more than that.

And the .264 Win Mag a bit more than that.

I like the high SD of 140 grain, 6.5mm bullets for ballistics purposes, but at 400 yard and closer hunting ranges, a 100 grain spitzer in a .257 Roberts kills deer just as dead, just as easily.

It’s not a 260 and not about case capacity…JFC

You missed the point.

Ballistically, it is essentially identical to the the 260 Remington, which was around for decades as the 6.5-308 wildcat and known by several other names. It was standardized by Remington in the late '90s.

Creedmore fanboys seem to think that the shape of the case is somehow magical compared to other cases of similar capacity.

Whatever.

Yes, remember all the "magical geometry" bs published around the RSAUM and Win Short Mags. And then all the sadness when people figured out their new fangled wonder rifle would do SLIGHTLY better than any other in an '06 based cartridge.

Not a lot of ink wasted on short mags these days.

Magical geometry? How did you ever measure this magicness? I bet LOTS and LOTS of shooters were pretty miffed that their results were just SLIGHTLY better than the good old 30.06 caliber. How many new 30.06 based rounds have gone mainstream and get regularly manufactured by ammo companies? I'm not quite sure

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 07/21/21.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]