Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
They take their beatings; and collect BIG checks. And; once or twice a decade (Missouri) they have a good season. Being in the SEC will help Texas and Oklahoma; and the SEC will put 3-4 teams in the 12 team playoff every year. More $$$ to spread around to the conference members. More visibility for the NIL deals for the players.

Basic economy of scale

This is true .... this is exactly correct. ^^^^^^^

See the projected Pods breakout above.

Each school c0ukd soon be seeing $65-$90 million dolllar a year payouts with the new conference TV deals and streaming deals that will be cut. CBS is out of the picture so it is wide open for bidding if the new members are added.

The SEC Network is already stronger than death and is projected to surpass the mother ship's football season ratings in 2024. That's an incredible thought and coukd only happen with some serious streaming numbers in the future and some really big increases in access fees ... probably in the neighborhood of $10 per household for the package.

There's no stopping progress boys. But I'm out. Paying players ... that did it for me. Losing our box seats that we've had for 30 years so they coukd build more corporate luxury boxes. Seat licenses and ticket prices through the roof. We've put the Cockaboose up for sale. We're done. We'll watch some of the games from the comfort of my home on an 80" TV .... but no more going to games and spending $1000s of dollars a season to support the woke spoiled kiddies and administrators and especially the NCAA. F'em all. They've practically ruined the game.

I think you're on the right track.