I'm a sucker for color case hardening, and have had it done on various projects over the years, but would question doing it on a Miroku Low Wall. Mind you I'm just thinking out loud here.

The new Low Walls are dependent entirely on state of the art steel metallurgy for safety - the old design was never intended to hold things like .243's, .260's, 6.5's, etc. and would indeed become hand grenades in short order if such a thing were tried. I wonder if the heat treating protocols for case hardening would upset the apple cart of the carefully rendered metallurgy of the steel that is currently containing those 50+K PSI cartridges safely and efficiently in the Mirokus?

I don't know, but I would get an opinion from a crackerjack metallurgist before doing it, and not the opinion of a couple guys with a shop in an alley who are looking to make a few bucks. Other falling block single shot designs (as well as a whole universe of other types of actions), like the High Wall, Number 1, etc., that are like bank vaults due to their designs can shrug off a little dodgy metallurgy - but can the Low Wall?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty