Originally Posted by Welldone
I have purchased a 22 Hornet Low Wall. It has beautiful wood and I’m thinking of having the barrel bored and rifled to a round for deer hunting. I’m having a tough time deciding which cartridge for chambering. I have a ton of LAPUA 6 BR brass. I also have a 6 BRX reamer and a 30 BRX reamer. Sounds about right for a low recoiling light weight deer rifle. I’ve also got tons of 30-30 brass. Hey, that’s more traditional and you I could always make it Ackley Improved for a little more zip. Has anyone ever done such a crazy project and how did it turn out?
Thanks

Riflemen are loonie! Why can't we just leave a beautiful little rifle alone and get something else to chop shop into an oddball caliber. I've got a Miroku LW .357 that is just such a little beauty and a tack driver to boot - and all I can think about is converting it to 357 Max or a 35/30x30 Imp. Stoopid thinking!

Welldone,
Get yourself a T/C Encore/Contender or a Brown Model 97 and leave the LW as is.

Okay, now it's your turn to tell me to leave my 357 alone...

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie