Originally Posted by Igloo
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Pick which ever cartridge you like both rifles will get it done. I have both so I know. For what it is worth a Mark X Interarms is a clone of the FN commercial action which evolved from the clunk M98. Don't call it a 98 it isn't one.

I’ve been scolded for calling them Mausers before, but never 98s😜. My Heym is a true 98. Only departure is the bolt handle, which as far as I can tell, was manufactured bent for scoping. Floorplate has the hole for a bullet nose, there’s a clip guide, wing safety, thumb cut, and C-ring. Published info on Heym that I’ve found generally starts when they began making rifles for other companies, and then similar models sold by various department stores.

What do you guys think of the Parker Hale rifles built on Santa Barbara actions?

I've seen another poster here with a lot of experience with them saying they are good to go except the trigger housing is made of some pretty cheap pot metal. Ever own/make any impressions on them?

Haven’t owned one, but the guy who owns the main LGS in this area has had one for decades, and he can, as you’d imagine, pick and choose. I’d have to look one over for myself.

I’ve owned a couple of 70s Zastavas, J.C. Higgins M50s and some regular FNs. The FNs remain my favorite, and since prices on all of them are pretty close these days, that’s what I look at. The two FN .270s I have now will probably do me, along with the Heym .308. One of the .270s is a Frankenrifle that came with a blocky left-handed stock of nice walnut, which I replaced with a B&C. The other is a very nice old custom by Paul Morton of San Antonio, that I picked up for a relative song. It has all the goodies; Fisher bottom metal, Mashburn trigger, and an M70-type safety in a “distinctive” stock of French with a checkered schnabel, lots of fine checkering elsewhere too.

What fresh Hell is this?