[quote=Elkhunter49]Longhorns will be middle of the pack SEC football school at best. Oklahoma will as well until it gets a defense.

I’m SEC to my bones, I’ve seen OU in person 3 times in the past 5 years. In my opinion for what it’s worth, OU is on par with LSU & Georgia annually, behind Bama and in front of everyone else. Texas Longhorn players have been soft throughout my 60 years of age, Mississippi State is my school and we are far behind UT in raw talent however I’ve never feared playing them, their players just don’t have the “ want to” required to be special on a consistent basis. Jimbo has his talent level slightly above Texas in a short 2-3 years with a mentality well above UT. Don’t know how other than him knowing the requirements needed and his dirt tough will to win. Both will be tremendous addition’s to the SEC overall, it just means State will visit the upper crust of the SEC football ladder on a even less frequent schedule.
They will see first hand that the saying SEC “It just means more” is not just true, its under stated as to how much we care. And we could care less what other people think, it’s our life.