I'm still using 4759 in a lot of stuff, entirely with cast bullets though. .32-40, .30-30, .30-40, & .30-06 to name a few. When word went out that it was being discontinued I scrambled and laid in over 20 pounds. I guard it like the Crown Jewels. I'm still finding some occasionally in my searches.

In .30-06's with cast, mainly in the 160-190 grain range, charges run between 18 and 24 grains depending on the rifle and bullet. Best accuracy for me tends to run toward the lower end of that spread, especially in '03 Springfields with good barrels such as Criterion and original Armory star gauged. A new White Oak barrel on a resurrected NRA Sporter (the only replacement barrel I ever found that matches the heavier contour of the Sporter versus the standard service rifle contour) for some reason won't perform with normal 4759 charges but sings with RL7. Go figure. The Style T bull barrel 03 target rifle adores 4759 so much that if push comes to shove I'll save the last of my stash for it exclusively.

I experimented with fillers long ago and rejected them as being superfluous with 4759.

Unique is ok but has never returned as good accuracy in my preferred velocity range as does 4759. Curse Hodgdon for discontinuing 4759!!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty