I have gotten decent accuracy in a couple Hornets with #225438 Lyman/Ideal bullets for example, sans gas checks, but I gotta say I got even better accuracy with them, and that's with all three iterations of those molds that I have. (They subtly changed the design of the bullet over many decades, so simply saying "225438" is kind of meaningless.) Just goes to show there aren't many absolutes in this game no matter which direction you turn.

Even during the .22 LR rimfire breech seating experiments I conducted I got better accuracy with checked bullets in the couple rifles I tried- a Ballard and a Low Wall. (I think alloy and size are more important for this application than almost anything else.) Next up are some Ranch Dog plain bases to repeat the experiment. Maybe by then I'll have my new centerfire breech block fitted to a pristine Stevens 44 so I can compare rimfire and centerfire (.22GTC) .22LR in the same gun via breech seating. (Note: I have an embarrassing amount of primed empty .22LR cases for this loony-like way of making/shooting .22LR's.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty