Originally Posted by spud06
Ref pricing....I bought my LH 788 in 6MM in 1973. It was $104.95. the RH was $99.95.

Oh I agree that they are overpriced now. I wish they could still be bought for that. I’d say I overpaid for mine but it’s one of those guns I wanted to own and after all the helpful info here it functions properly. It honestly is in very good to excellent condition so I am pleased with it so far. My buddy told me it was crazy what the price is on them compared to some of the newer guns in the same price range. His family likes classic cars and they have a shop full of them so I equate it this way…in 72 a Chevy nova (I use this comparison since it was supposed to be considered the “economy” car) was roughly $2500. If you bought an original 72 nova in like new condition in 2021 I don’t think $2500 would cover roughly an eighth of the price. It’s all what it’s worth to the person who wants it. I don’t want a $20,000 nova, but I’ll take a $500-600 788 in the right condition.

I mean no offense to anyone with the comparison, it’s just how I view and justify my unnecessary purchases at times lol.

Thanks again for all the help!