Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I have an old Norinco AK that I bought in the mid 1980s. For the longest time I just kept it hidden after California banned them, then I shipped it off to my brother to keep it at our place in Alabama. Now that I'm in a free state, I'll be reunited with that AK and this frickin ban is going to make for a very bittersweet reunion. When Biden stole the election, I ordered a bunch of AK magazines just in case but never considered that the ammo was the low hanging fruit. As soon as I heard about this ban I picked up a 420 round pack of AK ammo and I suspect I won't fire that rifle unless and until one of two things happen...the ammo ban ends (unlikely) or I'm in a situation where the need to shoot outweighs the long term interest in having AK ammo.

I’ll give ya $250 for the AK

That is a great offer, but the Red Level, Alabama Taliban just picked it up. Here's the last picture of it before it went to do jihad.

[Linked Image]

👍👍👍👍👍
Type 56??
And threaded barrel.

Nice....

Yep, all of the above. Funny thing is I hated AKs at the time I bought this one...I had just returned to the US after being in the military for three years overseas and everyone that had been shooting at me was using AKs. I just wanted to get familiar with the AK platform so I could use one if the situation arose, and I thought they were all cheap garbage. They may have been cheap, but I was pretty shocked at how effective they were at hitting minute of chest under tough circumstances. I still prefer the AK to the AR if people are the target.

That wpn to the right person is worth 1500 to 2000 bucks.

1st center fire rifle I ever shot was a type 56
Age 9 early 1973.
1st beer I ever drank that day.
Both of my grandfathers 56,s were demilled and are in a VFW in either Titusville or Coco Beach Fla.
Per ph call to my grandmother in August 97 when gramps died.
Early 90,s he donated them what she said.
He was a loadmaster in the AF retired in 73.
Artillery in europe in WW2.

Both wpns totally under the Alpha Tango Foxtrot radar......

Only thing I inquired about with her material inheritance wise when I called from JRTC at Polk when I got a red cross msg.
My 3 uncles ( 2 were vietnam vets) didnt want them when he donated them.

Broke down, went thru and cleaned them summer 86 when I went down their for a visit before going to Germany.
He said they hadnt been fired since that day up in Maine.

Kept my piehole shut about them for decades per his guidance that day in 73.

Probably good he had em demilled and I didnt get possession of one in the long run.

Yes, I did Alpha uniform tango oscar fire a type 56 at age 9....

Have trained with and used Sov bloc and Chi com wpns numerous times.
Been shot at by them plenty of times.

Haji,s are azzholes and need to be exterminated AFAIC....

Last edited by renegade50; 08/21/21.