Originally Posted by hunter4623
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Walking My dog this morning on a leash, neighbor let their pit bull out. Ran straight to us to attack my dog in the street. My German Shepherd female met it with teeth out. Knocked it to the ground and my dog had it down by the throat. I pulled her back and the pit ran for the house. Every pit I have encountered does this. I think I will start carrying and just shoot them. I am sick of them. I don't want my dog torn up by some POS Pit. And I am not sure they won't bite me. The old ladies on my street can't walk anymore with their grandchildren because of them.

Same exact thing happened to me while walking my Doberman back in the late 1980s, except the dog that ran into the street to attack my leashed Doberman was a Boxer. My Doberman instantly took the top and had him by the throat on his back. He was holding the Boxer down like that, snarling and letting him know he was pissed and who's boss. Then, when the Boxer (on his back) seemed to completely give up the fight, my Doberman let go of his throat and slowly stepped off him, assuming he had made his point. Just as he was stepping off, though, the Boxer lunged his head upward and grabbed my Doberman by the throat, cutting off his windpipe. Boxer was doing what Boxers do, he just held on, as my Doberman was beginning to lose consciousness. I looked around for something to smack the Boxer with, but could find nothing on the street, and I wasn't armed. Just as my dog lost consciousness, the owner came out and pulled his Boxer off my Doberman.

Dirty fighting dog. He was beat fair and square, and when it appeared clear who the winner was, my dog stepped off him, and he took that chance to get a death grip on my Doberman.

People are like that too.

You show a reprobate mercy and they stab you as soon as you turn your back on them.
tell *me* about the time it happened to you

I don't want to disobey the wisdom Jesus Christ told me.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."