I had a trip to Cody and the McCracken center a few years ago to look at the Winchester archive in connection with my research into small arms and ammunition supplied by US company's to the United Kingdom in the two World Wars. Since my visit the Ithaca and Savage shipping ledgers have arrived at Cody, so I will need to go back and look into these shipments.

My visit was prior to the refurbishment of the museum but I was impressed by the way they had as many guns available downstairs in the custom made rack or draws system. So many museums have 90% of their gun collection unavailable for viewing.

The highlight of the trip for me, other than spending 3 days in the McCracken center was staying in the Irma Hotel and enjoying the $2 a beer happy hour and talking guns with Cody locals. Also the trip I made in a rental car to Cook City in Montana where I enjoyed a sloppy Joe and fries. On my return to Cody i just avoided colliding with a White Tail deer who wanted to use the bridge I was about to drive over, luckily the deer had quicker reactions than me.

Regards

Alan