Originally Posted by S99VG
What they are worth is a combination of condition, what comparable 99s are going for, and how much does that mean to your pocket book ,[[[[[ All 30-30s were pre-war guns]]]]]]] and the two you asked about may be any of the variety of varients Savage made from pratically day one with the 99. But given what you told us, the first question beyond condition I would need to ask in diagnosing the type and value of the two you mentioned is about the barrel. Are the barrels factory stock in length or have they been cut by previous owners? I wouldn't want to start calling something a carbine or a short rifle if a barrel had been cut down to 20-22-inches or, likelwise, anything else if a barrel had been cut down to 24-26-inches from an early "Long Tom."

sorry S99VG but i have a 30-30 produced after the 2nd WW,and two rebarreld 30-30s with late barrels ,and people need to check barrel address

norm99

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky