I've always been a traditional style muzzleloader, very fond of my Hawken style 54 caliber round ball guns using Goex blackpowder. The Hawken rifles have served me very well in the Illinois and Wisconsin deer woods for decades. But when an opportunity came along to purchase a new, unfired, T/C Impact .50 cal, I bought it. Now I'm in the process of educating myself about in-line muzzleloaders. The Impact has some very favorable reviews and, so far, I've acquired BH209 powder and Federal 209MZ primers. The bullet/sabot combo that gets high reviews are the Barnes Expander Spitfire T-EZ 250 grain, item number 30587. But as they're popular, haven't found any yet. So, already been to the MMP website looking, and reading, and looking at all the other bullets that are available. This will be set up for deer so looking at different bullets in the 250gr - 300gr, .451" / .458" range with the appropriate MMP sabots. The T/C's, reportedly, have a tighter, smaller, bore so I'll try the 3 pedal sabots as well as the smaller diameter sabots and see. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but my experience with in-lines is very limited and am willing to listen to different experiences, knowledge and opinions on them. The rifle isn't going to change, and a big part of what I like, is load development and figuring it out. It will end up having a scope on it as open sights are just plain harder to see now. Anyway, looking forward to some discussion here and thanks in advance. Dean

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 09/03/21. Reason: add pictures

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member