Originally Posted by contender
I think I need a different CC/Car gun. i currently have a Kahr 9mm which i have no problems with as far as weight, looks and performance. The ONLY problem is sometimes when shooting it the magazine falls loose dropping about an1/8" rendering it a single shot. It seems that the inside of my thumb inadvertently hits the magazine release causing a 'stovepipe' or not chambering the next round if I'm not paying attention which could be bad in case of a self defense situation. I have average size hands and my fingers are not 'fat'. anything not to like about a 9mm Schield? Answers appreciated. (Happens with all magazines.)

I'm old and don't carry any more than I have to -- I don't carry spare mags. My Kahrs are setup to function with the one mag in place. I've modified the mag release, the slide release, and the inside slide release components (bullet nose slide release actuation) to insure absolute function with the mag in the gun. I know this doesn't work for all, but I can live/die with it. Done on both CW40 and Cw45 - ground down mag release button/added new spring, ground down slide release, ground off actuation "nub" on inside of slide stop.
Here's my CW40
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Paul

Last edited by paul105; 09/04/21.