Thinking of a new truck. My usual cycle of buying something nice used every few years ain't working in this market. Can get considerably more than I paid for my current F150 I bought three years ago if I sell it. At the age of sell it or keep it tell it dies. Difference between used and new right now makes little sense to buy used. New is a stretch on the budget. Ford is basically out of the question to get the options I want. Have to pay for a bunch of crap I don't want to get the few things I do want.

Brings me to the Ram classic 1500. Can get what I want for about ten to twelve grand less than the F150. I am familiar with the 5.7 hemi. Honestly more motor than I need probably 95 percent of the time. Thinking of going with the 3.6. Daily drive is more city than highway. No serious hills on a regular basis. Towing is minimal and would be no more than about mid range of the limit. If I need serious towing I got access to a Super Duty with the 7.3.

So thinking the V6 kinda makes sense for me. Appreciate any thoughts and advice.