I have several of Mirokus. Browning BPS, Winchester 1886 carbine, both '91 vintage. Another Winchester '86 lightweight rifle from 2012 w/tang safety. The '91 guns; true Win/Ithaca repros. The '12 edition' w/tang safety, not. Quality, 'similar'. I've not noticed wood to metal problems. The tang safety is handy... "if needing/desiring". My opinion - heck of a lot less aesthetically 'intrusive' than prior safety unit attempts! Significantly, 'it' can also be removed, "scar" aptly covered with installed tang aperture sight.

I like all three Mirokus; prefer the earlier pair faithfulness to design originality!
To me, beyond different engineering; the pre-64 genre, really different. I own several pre '64 each in '94 and 1886 configurations. Fundamental Model 1894/94 genre never exactly "tight" cycling experience. Inherently bit 'loose'. That said, the look and feel of the early Winchesters 'different'. Blue particularly different and less than pure safe queens, typically worn!

And again - 'that said', we all live in a different era and the early Winchesters, notably priced differently. Objectively, some of us "Old "Fxxx" as personal definition applying, never likely to utter "same quality". Subjectively to say "early better". Objectively to admit, latter quality simply "different". In my world re the Model 70, that particularly true engineering subtleties and CNC machining; a different creature. Such than the 'Pre' genre; latter with superior metal in critical barrel AND receiver AND bolt. Chrome moly incorporation in latter two components, unnecessary, but damn... Nice!

Personal opinion. If you're not from the old 'hard line' school... Relax and "celebrate the difference"... Whatever the heck that means in guns, but sounding good!

Just my take!
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 09/08/21.