I quite bow hunting in the 1970's as I moved to a state that required a choice of bow or rifle and my wifes family were all rifle hunters and it was a major family outing, everyone took off of work and spent 10days camping up in the woods. I divorce years putting together a grubstake for retirement and really getting into predator hunting. I got back in the game bow fishing to start and now looking a coyote hunting with a bow plus a Javelina hunt with a bow this year.

I started with a recurve bowfishing and advanced to Oneida powered Muzzy LVX for bowfishing. I got the itch to hunt with a bow and picked up a cheap compound and learned a lot of what I really needed. I went to a good bow shop and they set me up with a inexpensive bow that hit all my needs. A Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. I'm rather short and only have a 26" draw and I wanted something to kill smaller game(coyotes, jackrabbits and javelina) 45# is more than enough and it is easy to draw and hold.. It has been a fun journey, I built a 20 yard range in the back yard and try to shoot 100 arrows a week. For longer ranges I head out to the city park that has an archery range but you have to bring your own target.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It was pretty much wasted space in the yard, right behind me is a little 10' long leanto that I use for a fur shed and doublles as a covered shooting station.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 09/10/21.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders