Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
9mm Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman 147 grain lead semi-wadcutter design. Feral hogs are common to abundant around here, where nobody shoots them they ain’t sufficiently wary of people. Birdwatching gets me out in the woods. Had a big boar one time stand and snort and huff at me for a while from about 20 yards out, unwilling to give way.

I figure the odds of me having to shoot an ornery hog are about the same as having to shoot a person. Not very great, and the load will prob’ly work on either.

Birdy.

Its not an SWC. Its a truncated cone flat point. I load the exact same bullet ("The Outdoorsman) made by Rimrock to the same velocity. I use them as both a predator load and a load for around vehicles if need be, since it penetrates in feet rather than inches.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I swapped out my factory spring for an extra power Wolff recoil spring though as an added safety margin though, as it is a higher end load. In fact I was carrying it last fall when I was packing out an elk and had a Mountain Lion on my back trail. The big cat had been following my tracks as I was packing out quarters in a steep brushy draw.

Those aren't a truncated cone (as developed by the Germans close to the inception of the 9mm Parabellum), but are LBT FN designs.
FWIW.
Most SWC automatic handgun cast bullet designs ARE truncated cone bullets patterned after the original German 9mm jacketed TC bullet. They differ only in having a full diameter shoulder and under diameter nose cone, but the nose profile is a truncated cone, not a rounded ogive as pictured.
A TC bullet will be exactly what it is, a truncated, cone shape from the bearing band to the nose. Nothing truncated about a round nose, flat point bullet, ever. You can have a truncated cone on a SWC as a nose profile. A rounded, truncated cone does not exist in the cast bullet mould world, period. A cone isn't rounded.