Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Idle question with no intent to dis the OP’s inquiry. Why not a 25 rd mag in a 10/22? Would seem cheaper, maybe lighter? Mine cares not about which magazine and shoots sub 1/2” at 50 yds 7 days/week. It’s still shooting fine after ~50 years.

Great suggestion. You must be running an aftermarket barrel because most 10-22's don't/wont shoot "sub 1/2" at 50 yards" on a consistent basis. I know you love accuracy like I do, so you wouldn't make a blanket azzed statement as such. Trust me, I love it when guys at my club or elsewhere say their 10-22's shoot 1/2" groups all day long. Or the funny statement I hear a lot is, "a bone stock 10-22 will shoot 1/2" groups all day long"... I call guys out on that chidt. Did it 2 months ago at a rimfire shoot my club was putting on. You guessed it, the guy's 10-22 shot 1 1/2" groups "all day long" He even has a hard time hitting golf balls consistently at 50 yards, and they are 1.680" minimum...A lot of guys don't realize that a 10-22 that shoots consistent 1 moa is a prized possession. I like your idea though. Maybe the op is tired of 10-22's and their hype though?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA