Originally Posted by Remsen
For those who are delusional enough to think that California's mail in ballot system will result in a fair election, here's what the state says about verifying signatures:

"20960. Signature Verification Process
For signature verification, the elections official must compare the signature on an initiative, referendum, recall, nominating petition or paper, signature in-lieu of filing fee, and any other petition or paper must be compared to the voter’s signature(s) in the voter’s registration record. In addition, the elections official must compare the signature on a voted vote-by-mail envelope and a voted provisional ballot envelope to the voter’s signature(s) in the voter’s registration record prior to counting a ballot.
The comparison of a signature shall begin with the basic presumption that the signature on the petition or ballot envelope is the voter’s signature.
Exact matches are not required for an elections official to confirm a valid signature.
Similar characteristics between a signature being compared and any signature in the voter’s registration record are sufficient to determine a signature is valid."

https://www.sos.ca.gov/administrati...lot-counting-emergency-regulations#20960

And this was a ballot with a signature that was deemed to be authentic.
[Linked Image]

As I mentioned yesterday, this is my mom's ballot and her signature, to the extent she can sign her name....she has dementia and just scribbles random things. The signature the state has on file is a normal, cursive signature (my mom used to have good penmanship) and you could easily read her name. The only explanation I have for why they accepted her ballot is that she's registered as a (D) in the state.

I will not be surprised when we find out that the state has a different criteria for ballots from anyone who isn't registered as a (D).

That's crazy Remsen.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.