Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Of all the reviews I have watched, none really go into any detail about accuracy as in 100 yard accuracy. And I know, this is a pistol caliber and if you want something accurate get an AR-15, but was curious if anyone is shooting them at any real distance and how they perform.

The last two times I had mine at the range were to work on loads with Power Pistol in 0.2 grain increments up to 6.8 which is 0.1 grain above Hornady’s max.
With the old Hornady truncated cone 115 hp 5 shot groups at just 50 yards were right at 1/2” low and were:

The 115 Speer Gold Dots were at the same POI:
So with both bullets 6.6 grs gave the best accuracy. I raised the scope a couple of clicks after those.

The last time I had it out, 50 yard groups (5 shots) were: 1.05 for the Hornady and .75 high. The Gold Dots were 1.4” and .5” high Then at 100 yards the Hornadys were1.6” and 1/2” low, while the GD’s gave a vertical string of almost 4” about 2” low. All the loads that day were with a Power Pistol charge of 6.6 grs which is just below Hornady’s max of 6.7 grs in their #10 manual. No malfunctions.

Last edited by navlav8r; 09/18/21.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.