I’ve got a 2019 Crosstrek that I bought new. I traded in my 2013 Outback on it that I also bought new. Never turned a screw on the Outback. I put a lotta hard miles on that Outback. It was the best car I ever had, until I bought the Crosstrek. I like the Crosstrek even better. Both of those cars have taken me places that the 4wd SUV’s I’ve always had in the past would not have gotten me. The footprint of the Crosstrek is very small. It climbs like a mountain goat. It’s surefooted, and is very efficient, and I really can’t say enough good things about it. It’s outstanding in the snow. Great fuel economy. It suits me to a ‘T’. A lotta the roads I take it on aren’t even roads...they’re more like burro paths up in the mountains. It’s got a Maytag under the hood...it’s a 2.0 4-cylinder that cranks out a massive 152 horsepower. It weighs a little over a ton and a half. It’s got just under 9 inches of ground clearance. I didn’t want the EyeSight Safety Package on mine. As with the Outback, the Crosstrek is an absolute joy to own and drive.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.