Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Kinda confused about the fellers problem with Eddie. Myself and several friends have used him and were very pleased.
I've known John Pierce for many years. I have 2 customs built on John's receivers. One is a 6.5x47L with walnut from Australia and a 280AI on one of his Ti receivers.
John was in the high end engine building early on. He did experimental engine work for GM and others. He has a very nice CNC shop and has always been a great guy. John did the wire EDM work for me when I was doing CZ452 triggers.

Nothing confusing at all. I recommended him to a close friend based on his reputation here. My friend sent him all the parts and causally asked a ball park time frame. He said something like 6 weeks. My friend knowing things happen didn’t try to contact him until about 3 months and then it was just to make sure everything was ok. Eddie told him he was very sorry and had been busy. No big deal. He told him he would get it in the next couple of weeks. After a couple more months my friend tried to contact him again and he wouldn’t reply to him. I sent him a message asking him to contact my friend and explained my situation where I recommended him to a friend and how poorly things were going. He apologized again and gave another time frame which wasn’t met. The rifle finally arrived and it didn’t shoot like a 6BR defiance action brux or bartlien barrel McMillan stock NF scope should. After the whole bad experience he put the gun up and just forgot about it for a bit. After getting it back out we noticed the barreled action didn’t set right in the stock. The bedding looked amazing but it rocked and we determined the recoil lug was bottomed out. So we dremeled out some of the pretty bedding and skim bedded that. During all the trouble shooting we noticed the barrel didn’t really seem to be crowned. Now I’m not saying it was just chopped off flat. I also know some crowns are slightly different than others. With that said the crown was not like anything either of us has had before or since then. So he had the barrel crowned. After the bedding tweak and crown the gun is a tack river. I have absolutely no axe to grind and nothing against Eddie. I just wanted to share my experience. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything about this but I would hate for someone else to have the same experience we did.

I think you did the right thing. It’s good to know all sides before sending 1000’s of bucks worth of good stuff off.

Semper Fi